Friday, April 27, 2012
New Heights and New Depths
God is doing some amazing things in our lives. I am overwhelmed with the revelation He has dropped on us.
Several days ago God gave me a dream. I was wading into the ocean, which I am not entirely comfortable with, even if it were just me. But I was carrying my son, Joshua, as I was wading deeper and deeper into the vast unknown ocean. Right behind me was Matt, carrying Henry. Also, two other little girls were with us.
The dream was short but it carried a lot of significance for me. Deep calls out to deep. Going to the deeper places with the Lord is not necessarily a comfortable place...in fact, it can be very unsettling. But my course was determined and I was not turning back. The only reason I even looked behind me was to make sure my husband and the rest of my family was with me. The fact that we were carrying our children with us was the other detail that stood out to me in the dream. How important it is to disciple others and bring others along with us on our walk with Jesus.
I was just talking to our drummer the other night about giving lessons. He told me that he didn't think he could do it because he didn't know enough. What if that was my attitude about sharing the gospel? What if I never said anything because I don't feel like I know enough about the scriptures? Well, then I would never share the gospel.
Later in the week, Matt was blessed with a promotion. Although he may be doing a lot of the same things he does now, there is a definite shift. Instead of being focused solely on his own development, he will also be concerned with the development of others. How timely that the Lord would be giving me the revelation about discipling! Matt and I are in this season together-Matt, in his job-and both of us in the season of parenting young children. I believe it is reaching even further to those in our circle of influence. I believe this revelation is not only for us but that God is releasing this revelation to His church in this season.
A few nights ago, I had the prompting to ask Matt if he had had any dreams recently. He quickly replied that he had! He had a dream only a couple days after I had mine, that he could fly. He could see wide open spaces where he could climb higher into the deep blue sky, but something was over his head, keeping him from reaching new heights. I am not sure what this ceiling represents, but I pray that whatever it is would be removed. Because I believe that dream represents Matt climbing to new heights with the Lord. Interestingly, the dreams are very similar in meaning. Mine going deeper with the Lord and Matt's going to new heights with the Lord. The astounding link between the two is that we were both carrying Josh in our dreams!
Sunday was our anniversary and of all the days for it to happen, our anniversary was the day I lost one of the diamonds from my wedding band. And the laughable part is that I realized it on the way to a jewelry party the very next day. I believe that God has us in a phase of transition-in our marriage and in our walk with Him. I believe that He is doing something new and that He wants to give us something new-something precious-as precious as a new diamond. He is removing something old that we have valued, but He will replace it with something new. It will cost us, but not more than we are willing to pay.
I love the beautiful and mysterious ways of the Lord and I pray that we would grasp the full revelation that He is so gently revealing to us. I am confident that He has begun a good work in us and He will perfect us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment