Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I belong to You

I am not perfect in my performance. I am not perfect in my practice. I am not perfect in my progress. But I am perfect in my position before God. Because the perfect one gave his life for me and stands in my place. I have been made perfect in God's sight. Washed white by grace.


And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation, (Hebrews 5:9 NASB)

For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified. (Hebrews 10:14 NASB)

I have been accepted because Jesus was rejected.

He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem. (Isaiah 53:3 NIV)

He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. (Mark 8:31 NIV)

The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone; (Psalm 118:22 NIV)

And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"). (Mark 15:34 NIV)

I did not give God a reason to love me.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 NIV)

He loves me because I am His.

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine. (Song of Solomon 6:3a NIV)

No comments: