Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My prayer for our church...

Lord, I pray that we as a church would praise and honor you above anything or anyone. I pray that out of that praise to you, you would pour out your overwhelming love. So much so that it is impossible for us to keep to ourselves. I pray that love would begin to flow freely from one to another. I pray that we would put others above and before ourselves. I pray that we would rejoice in seeing another used even if it means that we ourselves are not being used. I pray that you would make us so secure in who you've called us to be that nothing would rock our world. I pray that our one desire would be to make your name great (and not our own). I pray that pure joy would result from our brother or sister being used in a mighty way by you. I pray that when we see another that has been gifted, we would immediately thank you and praise you for what you've done in them. There is no place for jealousy or envy. There is no place for fear or insecurity. I pray for your perfect peace and your astounding, uncontainable love. May your love abound! I pray that you would renew our minds...make our passions your passions; make our focus your focus; make our desires your desires. Give us eyes to see the hurting and needy and do something about it. Help us to make the most of every opportunity given us and Lord, expand our reach. I pray for heaven on earth. Let your kingdom come and your will be done. You are our God and we are your people.
Amen.

1 comment:

Sara Eckstein said...

Amen, I say amen in agreement sister! Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart for the Lord and the vision of His Kingdom on Earth!