Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Goals and Aspirations...

Read the bible in a year. Not just read it but study it. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach me, guide me, speak to me in every quiet time I have with the Lord. Grow closer to the Lord and know Him better. Live out my faith. Reach out to people. Help the poor in spirit and the needy within my reach. Experience a new level of worship with the Lord. Get in His presence daily. Be present where I am. Live and make the most of every opportunity.

Be a great wife. Be off the phone when Matt gets home from work and greet him. Read the word of God with Matt. Pray with him daily. Pray for him daily. Put my complete focus on him for at least fifteen minutes a day. Go on a date with Matt at least once a month. Plan ahead. Meals made. Shirts ironed. Find activities for us to do together. Listen to him when he's talking. Don't put him down or make him feel inadequate in any way. Be respectful. Choose battles. Let things go. Thank God for him daily.

Be a great Mom. Pray about the decision to homeschool and follow the Lord. Do a special project with my kids weekly. Daily sit with them and have my complete attention on them individually. Pray with them daily. Help Henry memorize a scripture a month and put it in a book for him to keep. Teach my kids. Be patient with my kids. Write down their strengths and weaknesses. Pray about their strengths and weaknesses. Ask for God's wisdom on how to parent them. Read Shepherding a Child's Heart and one other parenting book. Spend time with them individually. Take them to be with other children or have other children come over at least once a week. Thank God for them daily.

Be a great worship team leader. Plan at least one worship night a month. Make time for each person on the team to talk and hear their hearts. Pray for current members of the team and their families. Pray for future members of the team, the one's God has not brought us quite yet. Put together teachings for the team and only present with the prompting of the Lord. Obey the Lord. Write down each one's strenths and weaknesses. Pray for each one's strengths and weaknesses. Ask God to show me how to encourage them in their weaknesses and let them flourish in their strengths. Submit to the Lord completely. Be humble. Thank God for this privilege daily.

Be a great steward. Continue to tithe. Continue to give to KLove and Wheeler. Pray for mine and Matt's heart when it comes to giving above and beyond. Be frugal with our spending so we can be extravagant with our giving. Care about where each dollar is going. Be obedient with our finances. Pray about vehicle situation and make a move before the end of the year. Get new flooring upstairs. Landscape our patio in the spring. Paint the outside trim. Thank God for every dollar that is placed in our hand and pray that every dollar that goes out is used effectively.

Be a great friend. Ask my dear friends about their lives. Learn new things about them when I am with them. Consider each one better than myself. Put their needs above my own. Help when I can. Listen. Pray for them and their families. Be thoughtful and give. Be detailed. Thank God for them.

Do and say nothing more or nothing less than God asks me to. I pray that I would be obedient in all things and walk humbly in the time given to me in 2012. I pray that I would live a life worthy of the calling of the gospel. And I pray that in all things, I would bring glory to the mighty name of Jesus. Love God, love people, live powerfully, live honorably.

Father, I pray that you would hear the cry of my heart and help me to live according to your will and your word. Order my steps and give me strength for today.

No comments: