Saturday, August 20, 2011
Be Still
This week Sara and I made an effort to sit quietly together in the presence of God and simply listen for Him. We prayed and asked God to be in our thoughts (which isn't a stretch since He sent His spirit to dwell in us). With just a simple note card and a pen we sat and waited. After just a few short minutes both of us had written down a few notes which pertained to the other person. Sara shared with me that she saw a picture of an ant. Ants can lift up to 20 times their own body weight. As I thought about this more and more throughout the week, I realized how pertinent this is to the season I am currently in. I certainly possess great strength because my truest strength is found in an Almighty God. The word says when I am weak, He is strong. I am also a servant, but here lies a very significant difference between myself and the ant. Although I want to work diligently for my Lord, I do not want to be a mindless drone. My sweet Lord, longs for me to enjoy a deep and loving relationship with Him. He does not want me to do grunt work with sheer will power, but He wants me live life abundantly. That means not only to enjoy my tasks (that He prepared in advance for me), but to also take time to just sit in His presence and LOVE Him. On my walk tonight, I gazed up at the blue sky and the leaves blowing in the summer breeze. The leaves stopped rustling for a brief moment and in that moment, He whispered to my heart, Be still and know that I AM GOD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment