Friday, November 7, 2008

Random thoughts...

So many things are on my mind today...

Kathy and I are moving up to the front of the G building. Honestly, I'm not excited. I know she is because she is getting a bigger, better office with bigger, better furniture and not to mention a whole wall of windows. I'm excited for her. I really am. She deserves it. She's worked very hard and has absorbed three new departments which nearly doubled our size. She's a fair boss...always in a good mood...I like her a lot. But I've made friends where I am. I'm comfortable where I am. I'm liked where I am. Nevertheless, I'm moving. So this week, while Kathy's on vacation I'm packing her office up. I better get started soon.

Another thing that is on my mind is singing. This weekend is the last scheduled wedding of the year. Bridget and Randy's wedding. I've talked with Bridget a few times and I think everything's worked out, but I'm still a little nervous. Brian is playing keys for me and we are doing two short songs. No problem. I can handle this. Lord, please help me.

In two weeks, I'm hosting another jewelry party for Kate. I'm not getting a good response. It doesn't seem like people are willing or even interested in spending money on jewelry right now. With the economy the way it is and the holidays coming up, I can understand. Lord, please send me some people that want to buy jewelry. Please send me some people that will come to the party...for Kate's sake and for Holly's sake.

The last and heaviest thing weighing on my mind is the baby. So many questions... Is it a healthy baby? Is everything developing as it should? Am I eating right-is the baby getting the right nutrition? Is it a boy or a girl? Will I get everything done that I have planned? When should we start taking all the classes that are offered to us through the hospital? Will everything fall into place at work? Will I be able to continue singing at church? What do we do with this baby once we get it home? What do babies even do? I know some of these questions are just silly, but they are still there. God, I trust you. I believe that you work everything out for the good of those who love you. Those whom you have called according to your purpose. Please direct our steps and protect the baby. I pray for health and safety. I pray for a covering of your love and grace.
I love you, Lord. Thank you for all you do and for who you are.

No comments: