Surpassed by many in beauty, intelligence, and ability
Even in my greatest strength, far outdone
Some may argue, why even continue?
Isn’t there some other route where I can reach those heights?
This path seems too daunting
Ahead of me, an intimidating man scales a towering wall with little effort
Over his shoulder he yells out mockingly, “You'll never make it. Give up and turn back. There's a trampled road on lower ground.”
My heart wrenched in my chest. My head fallen, I collapsed to the ground.
I’ll just wait here until…
Maybe someone will come to my aid
Time passed quickly and I considered my options…
Does it really even matter if I persist?
Who will notice if I don’t?
Even if I do make it a bit further, there are those I’ll never overtake
Besides, I’m so far behind now…
The Potter finished His work. “It is lovely. I will love and cherish this piece I've created. I've made it useful for many things and will use it often. Sure, I have fashioned many others, but this one is unique.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great job honey! I like it.
Post a Comment